Last Update: December, 2017
1. Course Objective
Learn Stock Technical Analysis main topics using R statistical software® in this practical course for all knowledge levels. Feel free to take a look at Course Curriculum.
2. Skills Learned
At the end of this course you will know how to:
- Compute lagging stock technical indicators or overlays (moving averages, Bollinger bands®, parabolic stop and reverse SAR).
- Calculate leading stock technical indicators or oscillators (average directional movement index ADX, commodity channel index CCI, moving averages convergence/divergence MACD, rate of change ROC, relative strength index RSI, stochastic momentum index SMI, Williams %R).
- Identify single technical indicator stock trading signals (price crossover, double crossover, bands crossover, centerline crossover, signal crossover) and multiple technical indicators stock trading signals (price crossovers confirmed by bands crossovers).
- Outline long-only stock trading strategies (technical indicators, trading signals, strategy positions).
- Assess long-only stock trading strategies performance metrics (annualized return, standard deviation, Sharpe ratio) and compare them with buy and hold benchmark.
3. Typical Student
This course is ideal for you as:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate who wants to learn about the subject.
- Finance professional or academic researcher who wishes to deepen your knowledge in quantitative finance.
- Experienced investor who desires to research stock technical trading strategies.
- This course is NOT about “get rich quick” trading systems or magic formulas.