Last Update: January, 2019
1. Course Objective
Learn Stock Fundamental Analysis main topics using Microsoft Excel® in this practical course for all knowledge levels. Feel free to take a look at Course Curriculum.
2. Skills Learned
At the end of this course you will know how to:
- Comprehend main financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement).
- Interpret financial ratios (operating activities, investing activities, liquidity, solvency, profitability) and investment ratios (price ratios, enterprise value ratios, yield ratios).
- Estimate cost of equity (capital asset pricing model CAPM, Fama-French three factors model, arbitrage pricing theory APT model) and cost of capital (weighted average cost of capital WACC model).
- Assess economic profit (economic value added EVA® model, observed market value added MVA model).
- Approximate theoretical stock price (discounted cash flow DCF models, discounted dividends model DDM, discounted free cash flow to equity DFCFE model, discounted free cash flow to firm DFCFF model).
- Estimate stock option prices (Black and Scholes model, binomial tree model, Monte Carlo Simulation method).
3. Typical Student
This course is ideal for you as:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate who wants to learn about the subject.
- Finance professional or academic researcher who wishes to deepen your knowledge in equity research.
- Experienced investor who desires to research stock fundamentals.
- This course is NOT about “get rich quick” trading systems or magic formulas.