Last Update: December, 2019
Learn Data Analysis main topics using Microsoft Excel® in this practical course for all knowledge levels. Feel free to take a look at Course Curriculum.
2. Skills Learned
At the end of this course you will know how to:
- Use main Excel file types, store data in worksheets within workbooks and navigate worksheets quickly (cells, ranges, keyboard shortcuts).
- Perform data calculations (formulas, built-in functions, arrays), correct formula errors and perform user input data validation.
- Visualize data (conditional formatting, main chart types, single cell sparklines) and organize data interactively (tables, customizable pivot tables).
- Implement data scenarios summary forecast (what-if analysis) and find value for achieving certain calculation result (goal seek).
- Analyze data with Data Analysis Tools Package Add-in (moving average, exponential smoothing, descriptive statistics, histogram, correlation, regression, random number generation) and estimate optimal parameter with Solver Add-in.
3. Typical Student
This course is ideal for you as:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate who wants to learn about the subject.
- Academic researcher who wishes to deepen your knowledge in data analysis, applied statistics, economics, econometrics or quantitative finance.
- Business data analyst who desires to apply this knowledge in areas such as consumer analytics, finance, banking, health care, e-commerce or social media.